For your booking to be available online, it must:
- have been ticketed
- include travel still to be taken in one or both directions
- have 9 or fewer travelers
- not have been changed previously through the Contact center or Travelcenter
- not be booked in X class on the Air New Zealand operated sector(s) if requesting an Economy Skycouch upgrade
Some bookings which include flights on other airlines may not be able to be accessed online.
Can my booking be changed or cancelled online?
You can change your international bookings online, subject to the following:
- Flights must have been booked on airnewzealand.com and not be checked in
- Multi-stop bookings and bookings purchased with a promo code cannot be changed online
- Changes must apply to all travelers in the same booking
To change a domestic New Zealand booking, or if you cannot change your international booking online, please call us on 1-800-262-1234. Please note that service fees will apply for changes made via the Contact center.
So that you can be sure the flights booked best fit your travel plans, Air New Zealand will permit airfares booked on www.airnewzealand.com to be cancelled within 24 hours of ticketing for bookings made at least one week (168 hours) prior to travel. Inside this time frame normal fare rules will apply.
- Business Class fares can be cancelled online up until departure.
- Most Tasman, Pacific and New Zealand Domestic Flexi fares may also be cancelled online.
- A booking must be cancelled in full, ie both the outbound and return flight.