Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails, which is greatly affecting our response time. Thank you for your continued patience while you wait to connect with us.
On occasion, depending on your query, it may take over 3 hours to speak with one of our Contact Centre experts.
Our most commonly asked queries are about government-set COVID-19 vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements. Our COVID-19 hub is here to help guide you through current travel requirements and will direct you to the relevant Government website for information relating to your destination.
As all vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements are set by the Governments of each transit/destination country, there is no need to reach out to us to confirm the information shown online.
Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Flight and booking assistance:
- View, change or cancel your flight bookings, as well as add a seat request or prepaid extra bag via Manage Bookings.
- For domestic and international flights departing up to 31 August 2022, if you're unable to travel for any reason, you can cancel your booking and receive a credit. Your credit will be valid for 12 months.
- Find more information about credits here, or view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- Visit our COVID-19 hub to see what to expect when travelling.
- A little unsure of what requirements apply to your trip? Visit our travel requirements page for helpful links.
- If you require a pre-departure test to travel, check out these helpful pointers.
- You're able to view airport maps and specific details for when you're transiting via some ports here.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated domestic or international service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your New Zealand Traveller Declaration, please reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ mobile app to stay up to date with your bookings.
If you’re an Airpoints member, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.