Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails which is affecting our response time.
If you prefer to contact us via one of our messaging channels, we ask that you provide as much information as possible when reaching out. If your query is about an upcoming or recently travelled booking, please also include your booking reference or ticket number.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding while you wait to connect with us.
Disrupt Reimbursement Consideration
If your journey has been disrupted for a controllable reason, e.g. engineering, or crew shortages, and your new itinerary requires you to stay overnight in a place you do not reside, our airport team will be working hard to secure accommodation for you.
Over peak travel periods, availability is extremely limited and you may be required to source your own accommodation.
As a guideline, we recommend $250.00 per room and $90.00 per person, per night for meals. This is a recommended amount only. All expenses must be reasonable and supported by receipts. Please retain all itemised receipts, as they are required for reimbursement consideration.
To find out how to submit your reimbursement request, please click here.
Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is also full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Flight Disruptions and your rights:
- Should your flight be affected by a significant delay, cancellation, or schedule change, please click here to explore your options.
Airpoints membership information:
- If you have upcoming flights, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.
- Having trouble signing in? Retrieve your username or reset your password online.
- Easily claim missing Airpoints Dollars via our website.
- Find more helpful tips about Airpoints here.
Flight and booking assistance:
- View, change or cancel bookings, add a seat request or extra bag via Manage Bookings.
- Find out more about credits and refunds here.
- If you hold an existing credit with us, view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- Review your travel requirements and check if you need a pre-departure test.
- You're able to view airport maps and specific details for when you're transiting via some ports here.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- As of 20 October 2022, you are no longer required to complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ app to stay up to date with your bookings.