Great news - you can earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points on all Air New Zealand flights (excluding greenlight grabaseat fares via grabaseat.co.nz and fares purchased using Airpoints Dollars).
The Airpoints™ programme has two currencies:
- Airpoints Dollars - these can be used just like cash to purchase flights and a range of other rewards
- Status Points - which help you earn your way to a higher tier status in our frequent flyer programme
We have developed a handy earning rates look-up table to help you work out what you could earn on Air New Zealand and partner flights. Visit www.airnzpoints.co.nz, fill in your departure and arrival cities and we’ll do the rest - it’s that easy.
There are lots of ways to earn through flying including:
- Air New Zealand Flights
- Earn Airpoints Dollars on most Air New Zealand ticketed and operated fares (excluding greenlight and grabaseat fares via grabaseat.co.nz)
- Star Alliance Flights
- Air New Zealand is a member of the Star Alliance which means as an Airpoints member you can earn Airpoints Dollars on more than 30 airlines across the globe when travelling on a Star Alliance marketed and operated flight. It is important to note that you are unable to earn Airpoints Dollars on codeshare services marketed by a Star Alliance airline but not operated by a Star Alliance airline eg. A Lufthansa numbered flight operated by their subsidiary Germanwings.
- Air New Zealand Partner Flights
See the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for full programme details.
^Changes to Airpoints Dollar and Status Points earning rates; on Air New Zealand, Star Alliance and Partner flights, took place effective from 31 March 2014. For earning rates applicable before this date please view the following charts - Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart, Airline Partner Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart, Virgin Australia Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart and Status Points Earning Chart. Changes to Air New Zealand domestic fare structures took place on 21 July 2014. For earning rates applicable between 31 March 2014 and 21 July 2014 please view the following chart.