Earn Airpoints Dollars™ on more than 30 carriers across the globe.
On Air New Zealand
When travelling on Air New Zealand earn Airpoints Dollars™ on all our fares excluding only our cheapest domestic smart saver and grabaseat™ fares. You’ll also earn Status Points on every Air New Zealand fare.
On our Partners
Air New Zealand is a member of the Star Alliance network of airlines. This means as an Airpoints member you can earn Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars and Status Points on many Star Alliance flights - to over 1,356 destinations in over 193 countries. The Status Points you earn will count towards your tier status.
We also have a number of other airline partners who we have teamed up with to bring you ever closer to all the corners of the world.
Take a closer look at ...
- Our Star Alliance partners and where they can take you.
- The Auckland Hong Kong Alliance with Cathay Pacific and the trans-Tasman Alliance with Virgin Australia and what benefits Airpoints members are entitled to.
- Our Virgin Atlantic and Etihad Airways partnership and its benefits
- To see how many Airpoints Dollars you could earn travelling on Star Alliance airlines or our other partner airlines, use the Airline Partner Earn Chart and the Virgin Australia Earn Chart.
Note: You are unable to earn Airpoints Dollars on codeshare services marketed by a Star Alliance airline but not operated by a Star Alliance airline.
* Please note: Airpoints™ members cannot earn Airpoints Dollars in conjunction with Airpoints Reward Travel (X,I), travel industry (incl. duty travel) classes (N,R), infant fares, any fares booked in F class, and any grabaseat™ fare, including grabaseat Green Light fares and including Domestic grabaseat fares (G,K,P). For Air New Zealand Operated Flights booked and ticketed on or after 1 February 2012, you can earn Airpoints Dollars for travel on Air New Zealand Tasman and/or Pacific Island Smart Saver Fares in accordance with the Airpoints Dollars Earned on the Air New Zealand Chart using the Origin to Destination One-Way Journey and the class of travel. Members of airline partner frequent flyer programmes are unable to earn points/miles in conjunction with fares booked in any of the classes noted above, regardless of route. Airpoints companion tickets are unable to be purchased in conjunction with fares booked in any of the classes noted above including Domestic Smart Saver (W,T,L,S) or Tasman and Pacific Island Smart Saver (V,W,T,L,S,G,K,P). Flights booked in conjunction with Airpoints Reward Travel (X,I,R), and travel industry (including duty travel) classes (N,R) and free tickets, prize competition tickets, discounted tickets and tickets purchased using Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Status Points or credit towards tier status.
See the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for full programme details.