Travelling or returning to New Zealand
If you're planning on flying to Aotearoa, New Zealand, there are a few things you need to check before you travel.
Passports and visas for entry into New Zealand
- You will need a valid passport.
- If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you may need to apply for a visa or a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for traveling to or transiting New Zealand.
- Don't forget to check travel requirements for any countries/regions you will pass through in transit and on your return journey.
- All passengers entering New Zealand have the option to complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration instead of a paper Passenger Arrival Card. Passengers transiting internationally do not need to complete a declaration.
Transit in New Zealand
- Travellers do not require proof of vaccination or a pre-departure test to enter New Zealand.
- Air New Zealand does not require passengers to provide proof of vaccination or a pre-departure test. We do ask that if you're feeling unwell and test positive for COVID-19, please consider changing your travel plans.