This notice provides highlights of Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy, which applies to all personal information that we and our related corporations collect and use about our customers.
This notice does not comprehensively set out to our customers Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy and we recommend that all of our customers read Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy which can be accessed by clicking on the link underneath the heading "Important Information" below.
To view the complete version of Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy click here.
If you have any questions about the privacy and security of your personal information, would like to access, correct, update or remove your personal information or if you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact us.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is provided and the type of service that you have requested from us.
We collect personal information about our customers through our websites and in person, over the telephone and through travel agents, the Airpoints™ programme and Koru™ membership.
If you provide information to us about another person (such as a spouse, relative or travelling companion) then you are responsible for making that individual aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we can use their information as set out in Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy. Please direct them to the Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy which can be accessed by clicking on the link underneath the heading "Important Information".
We may use common internet technologies such as cookies or local shared objects on our websites and our emails. A cookie or a local shared object is information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information then we may not be able to:
- offer our services to you;
- complete a transaction; or
- meet any special needs or requests you may have; or
- provide an Airpoints programme and/or Koru membership benefit to you.
Further, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information you may not be eligible for membership of our services and/or to enter into our promotions.
Uses of Information
The purposes for which your personal information will be used by us will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. We may use the personal information we collect:
- to assist in providing the services you request, including flight bookings, catering services, ground handling services and/or special assistance services;
- for identity verification purposes including for website access;
- to process any communications you request ;
- to provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- to operate call centres;
- to operate some corporate travel sales and fulfilment functions;
- to administer your membership in Airpoints and/or Koru and provide programme benefits;
- to conduct surveys and internal research;
- to provide flight reminder SMS alerts and other electronic information services;
- to assist Customs and Immigration officials;
- to comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions;
- to identify and present offers from us or from third parties that may be of interest to you;
- any other use that you authorise.
If we disclose your personal information to third parties (such as data processing organisations) for any of the purposes described here, we will take reasonable steps, where we are in a position to do so, to require the third parties to strictly comply with our instructions and not use the information for any other purpose.
There are some circumstances in which we will not be in a position to require third parties to comply with Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy. This includes for example, where you use links on Air New Zealand's website to access other websites (as described below underneath the heading "Protection of personal information").
We may share your personal information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of aviation security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Disclosures may include the transfer of your personal information between countries which is necessary for the purpose of completing the transaction and performing our services. These locations may include countries that do not have comparable laws protecting the privacy of personal information.
- You may access, correct or delete your personal information, at any time. If you have registered as a user on an Air New Zealand website, you may access and update your information by logging in with your username and password. Otherwise, you may contact us.
- You may unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in any Air New Zealand special offer email or Airpoints email you receive. If at any time you are unsure of how to access or correct your information, please contact us.
- If you are an Airpoints member and you do not want us to use or share your personal information for the purpose of sending you email marketing or promotional materials, please go to the "My Profile" page on our website and update your email preferences accordingly.
- Our website is not intended for the use of minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly market to, or solicit data, from minors. We cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use our websites. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the relevant personal information.
- If you are of the view that we have breached your privacy, please contact us.
Protection of personal information
- When you book flights or access your Airpoints information via one of our websites, a secure server is used. We use industry standard data encryption for transmission of any personal information including credit card details you provide online.
- In order to protect your privacy and our databases/systems, we recommend that you not share any of your personal information, such as Airpoints membership number or password, or any personal identification numbers (PINs) with any third-party information aggregators that would allow them access to sensitive account information.
- Our website provides links to other websites for your convenience and assistance. If you use these links then you leave our website. Please note that these websites may have different security and privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility and/or any liability for any information that you divulge to these sites and how these websites or the organisations that own and manage those websites may collect or use your personal information.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is secure, accurate and up to date and is protected against loss, theft and unauthorised use or modification. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we collect and accordingly, personal information you provide to us is provided at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information has not been protected.
All air carriers operating in the European Union are required to bring to the attention of passengers the list of air carriers subject to an operating ban within the European Union, which is prepared by the European Commission and periodically updated. The current list and further related information can be found on the European Commission website. Please be assured that any contract of carriage you enter into with us will not involve a flight with a carrier on the banned list.
Changes to Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy
Air New Zealand may change its Privacy and Security Policy from time to time. If we change our Privacy and Security Policy, we will also change the date recorded below as the date on which the policy was last updated. Changes to Air New Zealand's Privacy and Security Policy will be displayed on our website.
We recommend that you routinely review our Privacy and Security Policy.
Last updated 1 November 2011