OneUp™ is Air New Zealand’s upgrade offer system that gives Airpoints™ members the opportunity to move up one cabin class when travelling internationally.
OneUp upgrade requests are easy to make - you simply decide what you want to offer for the upgrade and submit your offer through My Bookings once you sign on to your online account.
Offers can be made a minimum of seven days before your flight;
- By signing into your online account (once your booking has been confirmed) then go to My Bookings and make an offer on an upgrade.
- If you've booked through an Air New Zealand Holidays Store or another New Zealand or Australia based travel agent, ask your agent about making a OneUp upgrade request.
- Otherwise you can always call the Air New Zealand Contact Centre.
If you are a Gold Elite, Gold or Silver member we will recognise your status by upweighting your OneUp offer by the following amount:
- Gold Elite - 50%
- Gold - 30%
- Silver - 10%
We take several things into consideration when assessing OneUp offers. These include the value of your offer and the value of other offers for the same cabin class, your Airpoints member status, the number of seats available in the higher cabin class and the number of passengers in the booking.
Once our assessments have been made you will receive an email to tell you whether your OneUp Upgrade request was successful or not. If accepted your upgrade can be paid for either by Airpoints Dollars, credit card, prepaid debit card or debit card.
However, if paying with Airpoints Dollars, any applicable taxes, levies or surcharges must be paid for in cash. If you have made a OneUp offer with Airpoints Dollars from a region outside of New Zealand or Australia, your offer will be converted from your local currency to Airpoints Dollars with one Airpoints Dollar deemed to be equivalent to one New Zealand Dollar.
It is important to know that:
- OneUp offers are made for each sector of a journey so if you are travelling through more than one sector you will need to choose which sector to upgrade (i.e. on an Auckland to London flight your OneUp Upgrade will only be applicable for either Auckland - Los Angeles or Los Angeles - London unless you make two OneUp offers).
- An Airpoints member can gift a OneUp upgrade to a person on their gifting register, even if they’re not travelling together.
If paying with Airpoints Dollars, any applicable taxes, levies or surcharges must be paid for in cash. If you have made a OneUp offer with Airpoints Dollars from a region outside of New Zealand or Australia, your offer will be converted from your local currency to Airpoints Dollars with one Airpoints Dollar deemed to be equivalent to one New Zealand Dollar.
See the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for full programme details.