Step Instructions for Standard TTY Relay Calls
TTY callers can use the Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS) to contact Air New Zealand. This is a relay service mandated by Title IV of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and is available free of charge. As Air New Zealand does not have a dedicated TTY number, please use the following instructions to contact us via this service.
- Dial 711 or 1-800-855-2880 to connect you directly to a relay Communications Assistant.
- When the message "RC NBR CALLING PLS GA" appears on your TTY display screen, type the area code and telephone number you are calling, for Air New Zealand reservations in the United States dial 1-800-262-1234, or callers in Canada dial 1-800-663-5494.
- You will connect to a Communications Assistant who will place your call and inform you of the call status: "ringing" or "busy."
- When the number you are calling answers (either a person or an answering machine), the Communications Assistant will relay the greeting he/she hears then "GA" for you to "Go Ahead." This means it's your turn to reply. When you are done typing your reply, type "GA."
- The Communications Assistant will then speak what you have typed to the person you have called. When they respond, the CA will type what they say so you can read it.
- Continue this process through your call. When you are ready to end your call, type "SK" for "Stop Keying" then hang up.