You are welcome to bring your belongings on board as cabin baggage, with maximum allowances and restrictions detailed below.
The allowances stated below apply to Air New Zealand operated flights only. If your flight is operated by an Air New Zealand partner airline, you will need to check your allowance with the airline operating the service.
In addition to your allowance, you may also carry on board one small personal item such as a handbag, slimline laptop or duty free goods (where permitted). As a safety precaution, all cabin baggage must be able to fit in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front of you.
Anything in excess of the dimensions and weight allowed as listed below will need to be repacked as part of your checked baggage allowance and excess baggage charges may apply.
If you are travelling to, from or via the UK or US, please see important information regarding current carry-on baggage restrictions.
Domestic New Zealand flights
- Customers may take one piece of cabin baggage with a maximum weight of 7kg (15lbs) onboard Air New Zealand Jet and Link flights. For Jet services1 items should not exceed total linear dimensions (length + width + height) of 118cm (46.5"). For travel on Link services2 items should not exceed total linear dimensions (length + width + height) of 105cm (41.3").
- Star Alliance Gold Customers (including Airpoints Gold and Gold Elite) and business class customers with connecting flights on the same ticket are permitted two pieces with the same conditions as above.
- Economy Class customers may take one piece of cabin baggage with a maximum weight of 7kg (15lbs) and maximum total linear dimensions (length + width + height) of 118cm (46.5").
- Business Class, Premium Economy* and Star Alliance Gold customers (including Airpoints Gold and Gold Elite) are permitted two pieces of cabin baggage each with a maximum weight of 7kg (15lbs) and maximum total dimensions (length + width + height) of 118cm (46.5").
- Exception: Only one piece is permitted for travel to, through or from the USA including Honolulu.
* This Premium Economy baggage allowance only applies on Air New Zealand flights. If part of your journey includes codeshare flights or flights on other airlines the baggage allowance for Economy will apply.
Laptops in a thin satchel are considered a personal item, however laptops in larger computer bags are counted as one piece of cabin baggage.
|This thin laptop satchel is considered a personal item and is permitted in addition to your usual cabin baggage allowance|
|This large laptop satchel is counted as 1 piece of cabin baggage allowance|