Find out why Air New Zealand really is a better way to fly.
Just an overnight sleep away, New Zealand is much closer than you think, with direct flights from Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), arriving in the thriving hub of NZ cuisine and culture, Auckland, New Zealand. Boarding a completely refitted Boeing 777-200 aircraft, travelers will enjoy a variety of seating options (including the luxury of our lie-flat Business Premier and our unique, family-friendly Economy Skycouch) to choose from with more than 2,000 hours of on-demand entertainment available via personal touch screens. Taste the best of New Zealand at 30,000 feet with Kiwi-inspired cuisine and a great selection of New Zealand wines.
Houston to Auckland Flight Schedule
Houston to Auckland NZ29 depart 7:55 pm arrive 5:55 am (+2)
Auckland to Houston NZ28 depart 7:20 pm arrive 1:45 pm
Please note: Schedule effective November 6, 2016 to March 10, 2017. Flights operate 5 times weekly (Tuesday to Friday and Sunday), and daily between December 4, 2016 to February 5, 2017.
Take a glimpse of the inflight experience you can expect when travelling on Air New Zealand's longhaul flights. Click here for more information on your next flight.
Considering an upgrade?
Sample our award-winning, best in class comfort of Premium Economy class Spaceseat™ and benefit from enhanced seating and the very finest of inflight dining experiences.
Or treat yourself to Business Premier - first class service at Business Class prices. The most comfortable lie flat bed in its class will have you arrive at your destination feeling relaxed and invigorated.
Domestic and Australia Connections
Air New Zealand offers over 300 domestic flights per day to more than 20 destinations in New Zealand, making travel throughout the North and South Islands easy and convenient. In addition, Air New Zealand provides service to eight Australian gateways via Auckland that include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, Cairns and Perth.
Air New Zealand’s Star Alliance partner United Airlines, which has a large Houston-based hub, will code share into Houston from numerous North American cities including Boston, Denver, Tampa, New York City and more. A global gateway city, Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) provides nonstop service to almost 200 airports around the globe (113 domestic U.S. destinations).
What to do in New Zealand
Fantastic scenery, fabulous festival, super food and wine and stunning outdoor experiences - New Zealand is an impressive destination that punches well above its weight.
Check out which hotels, restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and attractions to visit when you're in town.
- Explore the sea, the coastline is amass with sensational beaches, beautiful coast walks and every opportunity to surf, soak and lounge in the sun.
- Put yourself against your fears and try luging, zorbing, sky-diving, paragliding, bungy jumping, jet-boating and much more!
- Tour wineries that attract world accolades, sample cuisine that is fresh, diverse and full of flavour and enjoy strong, rich caffeine hit at one of Auckland’s many cafes.
- Be sure to take in the wealth of Polynesian and Maori culture that forms the backbone of an increasingly multicultural society that can be found predominantly in the cities of Auckland and Rotorua or for a history lesson, travel to Northland and explore the architectural and historical significance of a colonial past.
Get ready for your stay in New Zealand with some useful facts to make your arrival stress free.
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar
- Country Code: +64
- Electricity: 230/240 Volts, NZ style 2 or 3 pin plug