Turoa is the highest ski area in New Zealand and boasts Australasia’s longest vertical, offering an unparalleled winter experience for all.
The high altitude and south west facing slopes mean plenty of dry winter snow. The Alpine Meadow is a gentle, sheltered haven for the beginner, while on the upper mountain tricky chutes and steeps abound to challenge the expert. The wide, open slopes of Turoa provide plenty of great cruising and the Terrain Park gives riders a specially designed area to practice their tricks.
Scheduled season dates: 2013 winter season opening: 29 June 2013*
||1359 acres (includes Whakapapa skifield)
|Lifts||• 1 six seataer
• 2 triple and 2 quad chairlifts
• 1 T-bar
• 2 platters
• 1 learners carpet conveyer
|Facilities||• 3 cafés including 2 licensed cafés
• Retail Shop (Vertical Retail)
• Accident and Medical Centre
• Rentals (skis, snowboards, boots and poles, clothing)
• Snow school (70 instructors)
• Kids centre (Turoa Yeti Kids Centre, 2-5 year olds)
|Children||Children from aged 6 to 16 years are supervised in a variety of programmes for beginners right up to intermediate and advanced skiers|
||• The Park Travellers Lodge (National Park Village)
• Skotel Alpine Resort (Whakapapa Village)
* Scheduled season dates are indicative only and dependant on weather and snow conditions.