Located at the foot of the Southern Alps, Canterbury’s Mt Hutt is devoted to its laid back and genuine kiwi atmosphere.
Its breathtaking views on a clear day stretch across the patch-worked Canterbury Plains all the way from the Pacific Ocean to Aoraki Mt Cook. Mt Hutt is relaxed, friendly, challenging and exciting. Boasting a high speed six-seater chairlift to carry skiers and snowboarders to some of the most varied terrain in the South Island from long, super wide groomed runs to double black diamond chutes plus one of the largest vertical drops in the South Island. There is a well developed trail network suited to all snow lovers from the total beginner through to the world’s top pro racers and riders. Its close proximity to both Christchurch and Methven makes Mt Hutt ideal for a day trip or an extended ski or board holiday.
Scheduled season dates: 15 June - 6 October 2013*
||902 acres (excludes Rakaia Saddle Chutes)
|Lifts||• 1 high speed six seater
• 1 quad
• 1 triple
• 1 magic carpet
|Terrain Parks, Half Pipes and Freestyle facilities||Mt Hutt has 2 Parklife terrain parks - a beginner/intermediate park and the TRIC advanced park and a halfpipe when snow conditions allow|
|Facilities||• Licensed Brasserie
• Huber's Hut and the Sky High Café
• Guest services and ticketing
• Snowsports school
• Rental - skis & snowboards, boots & poles, ski & snowboard repairs and storage
• First aid and emergency services
• Licensed creche and all day dedicated children's programmes
• Retail outlet - ski accessories & clothing
|Children||Children from aged 2 to 17 years are supervised in a variety of programmes from the Skiwiland Early Learning Centre through to advanced ski and snowboard training programmes in the Kruiser Squad|
||• Brinkley Resort (Methven)
• Ski Time Lodge and Apartments (Methven)
* Scheduled season dates are indicative only and dependant on weather and snow conditions.