Cardrona is a great mountain for beginner and intermediate abilities which makes up for 75% of the terrain, gentle wide open spaces prevail and two surface conveyor learner lifts result in an accelerated learning curve.
Cardrona boasts the only beginner trail in New Zealand that runs along the mountain’s peak. Beginners literally feel on top of the world with breathtaking views from Lake Wanaka to Queenstown. An incredible playground for freestyle skiers and boarders. Slope facilities include three terrain parks with a wide range of rails and jumps, up to two half pipes with a dedicated platter lift, and a gravity cross course.
Scheduled season dates: 21 June - 6 October 2013*
|Lifts||• 2 quad express chairlifts
• 2 quad fixed chairlift
• 2 surface conveyor learner lifts
• 1 pipe platter lift
|Terrain Parks, Half Pipes and Freestyle facilities||• 22ft Super Pipe -“The Olympic"
• 18ft Pipe “The International"
• 90ft Big Air Jump “The Monster Big Air”
• Fun Zone - Calci Yum Family Fun Zone
• Beginner Terrain Park - ‘Western's Gap'
• Intermediate Terrain Park - ‘The Play zone’
• Advanced Terrain Park - ‘Heavy Metal’ and an 800m Gravity Cross Course
|Facilities||• Four dedicated kids centres
• Fully licensed Mezz Café Restaurant & Bar
• Base self service café
• Noodle Bar
• Juice and Java Bar
• Snow accessory shop
• Ski and snowboard school
• High performance centre
• Full rental services including workshop
• Medical centre
• Ticketing and guest services
|Children||Cardrona is home to New Zealand’s most comprehensive on-mountain fully licensed early childcare centres. The centres provide a warm, secure and supportive environment for those aged 3 months to 4 years so you have peace of mind while out on the slopes while the Ski and Snowboard schools (Archway Westside and Eastside) will have your 5 to 14 year olds entertained.|
|Recommended accommodation||• Bella Vista Motel Wanaka
• Wanaka Edge Apartments
• The Moorings Wanaka
• Edgewater Resort Wanaka
* Scheduled season dates are indicative only and dependant on weather and snow conditions.