A VIP trip of a lifetime for a group of 15 as top prize, Round the World tickets and other prizes also on offer.
As the Star Alliance network celebrates its 15th Anniversary, it would like to thank its customers for 15 years of loyalty. As part of the celebrations, the Alliance is running a four week competition with fantastic prizes on offer.
Participating in the competition is simple and does not require any travel. The only prerequisites are online access to www.staralliance.com/en/15th-anniversary/ and membership in any of the Star Alliance member carrier Frequent Flyer Programmes (FFP). For those not already enrolled in one of the FFPs, this can be done as part of the registration process. Once completed, participants then begin to look for the virtual mystery plane which is hidden somewhere on the Star Alliance network. Correctly answering three questions on Star Alliance will increase the chances of better identifying the exact position of the plane. Each correct answer allows the participant to zoom in closer to the region of the Earth where the plane is located. Participants then drop a pin on the spot where they believe the plane is sitting. In order to further increase their chances of winning, participants can refer one friend to the competition and so earn the chance to drop a second pin. Once the competition has closed on June 14th, 2012, the 17 closest pin drops will each win one of the prizes on offer.
The participant whose pin was placed closest to the aircraft will receive the top prize, a VIP trip of a lifetime for a group of 15 people. The winner and 14 friends will be able to select one of 27 different festivals to visit. The package includes Business Class return tickets, accommodation at a five-star hotel and VIP treatment at the event.
The second prize is a Business Class Round the World (RTW) ticket for two. The winner can select the routing of the ticket (within the rules of the RTW fare for an itinerary of up to 39,000 miles per person) and include a stop at one of the 27 festivals on offer.
A further 15 people will win round trip tickets for two to any of the 27 festivals on offer.
The 27 festivals selected are all linked to cultural experiences and traditions of the home countries of both current and future Star Alliance member airlines:
- Abu Simbel Festival (Celebrate an Egyptian King’s Birthday), Abu Simbel Temple, Egypt
- Chinese New Year, Beijing, China
- Chingay Parade, Singapore
- Dubrovnik Summer Festival, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Epidaurus Festival, Epidaurus, Greece
- Ethiopian Music Festival, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Festa de São João, Porto, Portugal
- Hwacheon Ice Festival, Hwacheon, South Korea
- International Troy Festival, Canakkale, Turkey
- Kaapse Klopse (Cape Town’s musical march), Cape Town, South Africa
- Kentucky Derby, Louisville, United States
- Kiruna Snow Festival, Kiruna, Sweden
- Kurentovanje (The masquerade with a traditional twist), Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Loy Krathong, Bangkok, Thailand
- Mardi Gras, New Orleans, United States
- Medellín Flower Fair, Medellín, Colombia
- Montreal Jazz Festival, Montreal, Canada
- Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland
- Nebuta Matsuri, Aomori City, Japan
- Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany
- Ommegang Pageant, Brussels, Belgium
- Panamá Carnival, Panamá City, Panamá
- Rio Carnival, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Savonlinna Opera Festival, Savonlinna, Finland
- Vienna Opera Ball, Vienna, Austria
- Wianki festival, Krakow, Poland
- World of Wearable Art Show, Wellington, New Zealand
Note:For full terms and conditions of the promotion please see www.staralliance.com
About Star Alliance:
The Star Alliance network was established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer worldwide reach, recognition and seamless service to the international traveller. Its acceptance by the market has been recognised by numerous awards, including the Air Transport World Market Leadership Award and Best Airline Alliance by both Business Traveller Magazine and Skytrax. The member airlines are: Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, Blue1, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EGYPTAIR, Ethiopian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, SWISS, TAM Airlines, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI, United and US Airways. Avianca-TACA, Copa Airlines, EVA Air and Shenzhen Airlines have been announced as future members. Overall, the Star Alliance network offers more than 20,500 daily flights to 1,293 airports in 190 countries.