Welcome to London! Home to Royalty, the Tower of London, black cabs and seven million people.
England's capital is a wonderful melting pot of lifestyles, culture and history. Often likened to a collection of villages, London is full of 'locals' - clusters of local shops, pubs, markets and parks - that support a strong sense of community for such a populous city.
Almost a quarter of England's restaurants are in London, and with more than 6000 to choose from, you're bound to find something to suit your palate and pocket. Enjoy a performance at the Royal Opera House or go clubbing and brush up on your disco steps or mellow out to jazz. Whatever your interests, there's something for everyone in London.
Our Recommended Hotels
Thistle Kensington Palace, Thistle Victoria
Our Favourite Activities
London Hop-on Hop-off City Sightseeing, The River Red Rover Hop-on Hop-off Cruise
Things you must see and do in London
- Watch the Changing of the Guard
- Take in some art galleries with late-night opening
- Visit the British Museum and see the Rosetta Stone sculptures from the Parthenon and the Portland Vase
- Ride the London Eye, the world's highest observation wheel, and see more than 55 famous landmarks in 30 minutes
- Enjoy delicate sandwiches and wicked pastries with fine tea in the refined surroundings of the Savoy. Visit on a Sunday to catch the famous Afternoon Tea Dance with waltzes and tangos
- Don't forget to have a look through the glorious furnishings and many treasures of the world's largest remaining functioning palace. Begun as a townhouse in 1703, often extended since, Buckingham Palace is one of the world's most recognisable buildings
- Cruise the River Thames by boat
- Lace up your walking shoes and discover London by foot. Whatever your interest - historical, literary, ghostly, theatrical market or a hundred other possibilities - there'll be something for you