From the moment travellers step inside, they'll feel like they've entered a family friend's bach with weatherboard walls, a mock veranda lined with rattan chairs, and a welcoming staff member at the entrance culminating to create a uniquely Kiwi experience.
Inside, travellers will find a spacious circular designer space offering a choice of different zones to interact, relax and replenish. The lounge also offers New Zealand brands such as 42 Below Vodka and South Gin, Chai Teas, Living Nature skincare, New Zealand wines and cheeses and other foodstuffs, plus New Zealand newspapers and magazines.
Like the kitchen forms the heart of every home, the Replenish zone is at the centre of the lounge and offers customers the opportunity to enjoy a snack and a drink. The room is marked by an 8.5 metre wooden communal kitchen table where customers can lay out a newspaper, help themselves to a glass of wine from inlaid wine chillers and chat with a group of friends.
The room also features café tables and chairs, a full bar fridge, food servery area, tea and coffee station and stylish bar area. A kitchen has been built on the premises and will prepare all food on site.
What makes it different?
- No front desk at the entrance but a wooden front deck with a friendly host and a stylish functional pod made of iconic NZ rustic materials river stones, paua, totara veneer and No.8 fencing wire.
- No large square room full of armchairs but a roomy circular floor plan with seven distinctly different zones for customers to choose from.
- No uniform furnishings but different flooring, and designer furnishings, wall coverings, chairs and colour schemes in each zone.
- Uniquely kiwi products throughout including premium Speight's beer on tap, 42 Below Vodka and South Gin, Chai Teas, NZ wines, cheeses and other foodstuffs, New Zealand sport memorabilia, fashion designs and artwork on display and Living Nature skincare in bathrooms.
- Design features including a 'mock' veranda overlooking the tarmac, 8.5 metre timber communal 'kitchen' table with seating for 12 people and weatherboard walls.