Discover the very best of New Zealand.
Text Relay information for TTY users
Itinerary: Best of New Zealand
Auckland can’t be defined by a single experience because it has such astonishing variety on offer and it’s all so accessible. Right in the CBD you can bungy jump off the Auckland Harbour Bridge or take a vertigo defying walk around the Sky Tower's top-most perimeter. Within half an hour of standing on a bustling city street you could be pulling into the wharf on Waiheke Island, watching orca chase stingrays in the Manukau Harbour, tramping through native forest or sipping wine at a vineyard in the countryside. It’s a place where you can make your own adventure and where only imagination sets the limits.
- An Auckland Explorer Bus Pass to explore the “City of Sails” at leisure.
- Visit Kelly Tarltons Antarctic Encounter Underwater World and if you dare try the Stingray Splash or Shark Survival.
- A truly captivating experience awaits visitors to Auckland's Sky Tower. At 328 metres, it is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and offers breathtaking views for up to 80 kilometres in every direction. Travel up in the glass-fronted lifts to one of the three spectacular viewing platforms, or for more thrills and excitement, SkyWalk round the pergola at 192 metres up or SkyJump like a movie stuntman off the Tower!
- For wine and nature lovers head west on a Kumeu Wine and Nature Full Day Tour to where the sub-tropical forest plunges down the hills to meet the sea on dramatic black sand beaches. Seals patrol the coast while gannets circle their cliff-top colonies.
- Auckland’s greatest treasure is the Hauraki Gulf and the jewels in its crown are the 40 or more islands peppered across its pristine waters. Visit unique Waiheke Island on a Fullers Taste of Waiheke Full Day Tour or experience the beautiful Waitemata harbour aboard the fastest jet boat in Auckland - Auckland Adventure Jet performing spins, tricks and a high speed adrenalin adventure you'll never forget!
- Take a Whale and Dolphin Safari out of Auckland City.
Rotorua is an extraordinary little slice of paradise quite unlike any other region in New Zealand. It is rich in attractions and has something for everyone. It is the geothermal heartland of New Zealand with billowing clouds of steam and a faint aroma of sulphur that drifts across the city, bubbling mud pools and spectacular geysers. It is the spiritual home of the Maori of Te Arawa. It is host to legions of thrilling adventure rides - some world firsts, and on top of all of this, Rotorua is set amidst a stunning backdrop of 16 serene freshwater lakes and acres of majestic forests. Fish for trophy trout then cook them in thermal sands. Enjoy a water ski or leisurely kayak and the kick back on a luxury sail boat. Perhaps a round of golf on one of several world-class courses might be of interest?
- A Triple Bypass at Agroventures - allowing a choice of 3 from the Shweeb, Agrojet, Swoop or Freefall Xtreme.
- Take in a Sheep Show & Farm Tour at the Agrodome.
- Experience Beauty by Night & Mitai Maori Culture Experience at Rainbow Springs.
- Ride the Gondola to the top of Mt Ngongotaha for captivating views across Lake Rotorua and then enjoy the Luge.
- Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. Enjoy the unique volcanic vistas as you wander through this fascinating geothermal wonderland.
- Re-energise at the Polynesian Spa or take time out to completely relax and unwind at the Lake Spa Retreat - an inviting relaxation haven providing an array of enticing spa therapies.
Queenstown is the Southern Hemisphere’s premier four season lake and alpine resort. Surrounded by majestic mountains and nestled on the shores of crystal clear Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown’s stunning scenery is inspiring and revitalising. With such a huge range of activities in Queenstown and something on offer for everyone, no two days will ever be the same.
- A Shotover High Five combo is a great way to get a fabulous overview of Queenstown and includes a Shotover jet boat ride, a helicopter transfer to the top of Bobs Peak to the Skyline complex for spectacular views over Queenstown, The Remarkables Mountain Range and Lake Wakatipu, The Luge, and the Gondola back to town.
- Beyond its reputation as New Zealand's Adventure Capital Queenstown is renowned for dramatic and stunning scenery, often providing the backdrop for many tours throughout the region. For a relaxed day of fine cuisine, good company, sampling local cheeses and tasting premium cool climate wines join Appellation Central Wine Tours on a full day Gourmet Wine Tour.
- Another must do for those not necessarily seeking thrills and spills is a day trip out to the spectacular Milford Sounds. The journey from Queenstown to Milford is magnificent, providing access to some of New Zealands most spectacular mountain valleys. Sit back and enjoy the alpine scenery before boarding purpose built vessels in Milford to enjoy nature the full length of the fiord before retracing your steps back to Queenstown.
- For an evening with a difference take the scenic Gondola ride to the Skyline and after a few exhilarating luge rides enjoy a mouth-watering Taste of New Zealand buffet of legendary proportions in the Skyline Restaurant. Journey through the mythical legends and step into the world of Maori. Feel the spirit of our proud history celebrated in traditional song and dance. Experience the fearsome haka and the stunning poi display. A unique live show performed by Queenstown's leading Kapa Haka group.
- Let Nomad Safaris take you on an adventure tour to the NZ back-country that will capture the heart of the most avid Lord of the Rings fans as you explore spectacular filming locations or enjoy a historical adventure trips to the old abandoned gold mining towns of Skippers Canyon and Macetown. Travel the rugged road and experience true off roading as you explore the pioneer trails with tours guided by the professional adventurers!
- AJ Hackett Bungy pioneered the crazy adrenalin activity called Bungy Jumping in Queenstown - visit historic Kawarau Bridge Bungy or if that is too tame throw yourself off the Nevis Bungy, Nevis Swing, Ledge Bungy or Ledge Swing.
Our Hotel Recommendations
3 nights at Quadrant Hotel Auckland
2 nights at Holiday Inn Rotorua
3 nights at Oaks Shores, Queenstown