Use the chart below to work out how many Airpoints Dollars™ you could earn by flying on Air New Zealand* if you are booked and ticketed on or after 1 June 2011 and before 1 February 2012.
|AIRPOINTS DOLLARS™ EARNED FOR TRAVEL ON
AIR NEW ZEALAND TICKETED & OPERATED FLIGHTS
|Less than 300 km||11||0|
|More than 300 km||16||0|
|Pacific Islands (excl. Honolulu and Tahiti)||85||60||50||30|
|Eastern Australia and:|
|Western Australia and:|
|Pacific Islands and:|
|North America and:|
|New Zealand Domestic Add-On for International Services|
*On trans-Tasman flights if you book an Air New Zealand flight, with an NZ flight number (eg NZ101 or NZ7000), even if it is operated by Pacific Blue, for the purposes of Airpoints Dollars earning will be treated the same as an Air New Zealand Flight.
When you book with Air New Zealand, your flights will be numbered as follows:
- NZ100-NZ999 Air New Zealand operated Tasman flights
- NZ7900-NZ7998 Pacific Blue operated Tasman flights
- NZ7000-NZ7699 Virgin Australia operated Domestic Australia flights
||Flights within New Zealand
||Tasman & Pacific Islands Flights||Other International Flights|
|Economy Cat 5
||G K P|
|Economy Cat 4
||T L S|
|Economy Cat 3
||Flexi - H Q
||Q V W|
|Economy Cat 2
|Economy Cat 1
||Flexi Plus||Flexi - Y B M
||U E O A|
||Business||C D Z J|
Note: Booking class can be seen on your e ticket or on the right of the flight details on the Travellers Details screen while booking.
|ZONE||CITIES/COUNTRIES INCLUDED IN ZONE|
|Eastern Australia||Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Pacific Islands||Apia, Nadi, Noumea, Niue, Norfolk Island, Rarotonga, Tongatapu, Vanuatu
|Asia||Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing|
|North America||Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver|
|Origin to Destination - One-way Journey|
|More than 300 km||Less than 300 km|
|Between Auckland and:|
||Bay of Islands|
|Between Christchurch and:|
|Between Hamilton and:|
|Between Wellington and:|
Note: Distances are based on direct domestic flights operated by Air New Zealand.
• Domestic Add-on is earned when a domestic Sector is flown in conjunction with an international Sector and the domestic Sector Flight has a Flight number that is different from the Flight number for the international Sector.• Airpoints members cannot earn Airpoints Dollars in conjunction with Domestic Smart Saver (W, T, L, S) or Tasman and Pacific Island Smart Saver (V, W, T, L, S, G, K, P), any fares booked in F class or any grabaseat™ fares, including grabaseat Green Light fares and including Domestic grabaseat fares (G,K,P), or Airpoints Reward Travel (X,I), or travel industry classes (N,R) or infant fares. Airpoints Companion Tickets are unable to be purchased in conjunction with fares booked in any of the classes noted above.
• Airpoints members will earn Airpoints Dollars in conjunction with Domestic Flexi Plus (Y, B, M, H, Q, V) or Tasman and Pacific Island Full Economy Flexi and Flexi Saver Fares (Y, B, M, H, Q).
• If your Journey involves a combination of Flights on Air New Zealand and Flights on Partner Airlines the Air New Zealand Flights will earn Airpoints Dollars based on the rates in the applicable Air New Zealand Earn Chart:
• The Partner Airlines Flights will earn Airpoints Dollars based on rates in the Partner Airline Earn Chart.
• The Virgin Australia Flights will earn Airpoints Dollars based on rates in the Virgin Australia Earn Chart.
• You can earn Airpoints Dollars on a Codeshare Flight operated by another airline and marketed and ticketed by Air New Zealand based on the Partner Airline Earn Chart.
• You can earn Airpoints Dollars on a trans-Tasman Codeshare Flight operated by Virgin Australia/Pacific Blue and marketed and ticketed by Air New Zealand (i.e. the flight number starts with NZ), based on the Air New Zealand Earn Chart.
• Airpoints Dollars earned are calculated on your whole Journey based on the point of departure and final destination (which is the furthest point in your travels from point of origin). For example, if you travel from Palmerston North - Auckland - Los Angeles - London and then back again to Palmerston North in Economy Category 4, you would earn 65 each way (55 plus a Domestic Add-on of 10), a total of 130 for the return Journey.
• If your Journey is not covered by one of the Zones above, a combination of Zones will apply.