Round-trip airfare on Air New Zealand from Los Angeles to Auckland and Sydney, returning from Cairns
Experience Auckland, Raglan, Waitomo, Coromandel, Sydney, Byron Bay, Cairns & Great Barrier Reef
Surf the world-renowned breaks of Raglan, Hot Water Beach, Bondi, and Byron Bay, while experiencing some of New Zealand and Australia’s most iconic landmarks. Go black water rafting at Waitomo caves, snorkel or dive the Great Barrier Reef, tour Sydney by bike, walk in the rainforest and experience the Sydney Opera House.
- Roundtrip airfare on Air New Zealand from Los Angeles to Auckland, returning from Cairns
- One way flight from Sydney to Ballina and Brisbane to Cairns
- Roundtrip airport/hotel transfers on shared basis, Auckland & Sydney
- Five days Intermediate Car Hire, Avis - Pick up Auckland City, Drop-off Auckland Airport
- Three days Intermediate Car Hire, Avis – Pick up Ballina, drop off Brisbane
- Three days Intermediate Car Hire, Avis – Pick-up, Drop off Cairns Airport
- Breakfast daily
- One night SKYCITY Hotel Auckland, Skycity Room
- Two nights Waoku Lodge, Apartment
- Two nights Coromandel B&B
- Three nights InterContinental Sydney, Superior City Side Room
- Two nights The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa, Standard Suite
- Two nights Thala Beach Lodge, Eucalypt Bungalow
- One night Shangri-La The Marina Cairns, Superior Garden/Pool View Room
- 24 hours Fiberglass board and wetsuit rental, Raglan Surfing School
- 24 hours Fiberglass board and wetsuit rental, Black Dog Surfing, Byron Bay
- 2 hour Fiberglass board and wetsuit rental, Let’s Go Surfing Bondi Beach
- 3-hour Black Labyrinth Rafting tour, Waitomo Caves
- Sydney Classic Cycle Tour
- Sydney Opera House Tour
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling - Low Isles Cruise
- Applicable fuel surcharge
- US/foreign taxes & fees including Sept 11 Security Fee
Arriving in New Zealand, explore the museums, sail on the harbor or enjoy the vibrant city waterfront and relaxed pacific vibe that make Auckland an international destination. Then head to the small beachside village of Raglan, a dramatically scenic area of black sand coastline. Raglan is home to several world-class point-breaks - Indicators, Whale Bay, and Manu Bay – as well as several beach breaks. On the right day at Manu Bay, it's possible to ride a wave for up to 1.25 miles! For non-surfers, Raglan offers many outdoor activities including beach walks, horse treks and kayaking. Also home to a large number of talented and creative artists, discover original art, photography, pottery, traditional weaving, stone carving and jewelry.
In Waitomo, experience the Glowworm Caves and Black Water Rafting. Cruise over cascading waterfalls and float serenely down an underground river as you enjoy the glowworm shows on the vaulted limestone galleries above.
Your next stay is the dramatic volcanic coastline of the Coromandel Peninsula. Walk or kayak to Cathedral Cove, visit or surf Hot Water Beach, said to be one of the nicest beaches in New Zealand; at low tide, you may dig your own hot pool in the sand! There is a right-hand reef break at the south end and left-hand point break at the north end of the beach. Beyond surfing, the area offers paddle boarding, beach walks, fishing, kayaking, boat cruises, bird watching, and golfing.
In Sydney, you're just a short walk to the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, The Rocks, Royal Botanic Gardens, and world-class restaurants and shopping. Bike tour the city with a knowledgeable local guide to see Sydney’s most famous landmarks and learn about its colorful history. Enjoy a guided tour of the Opera House and surf world-famous Bondi Beach!
Byron Bay is a bohemian surf town set amongst lush rainforest, and home to many world-renowned breaks, such as the Pass, Wategos, Tallow’s, and Broken Head. You’ll have two days here at a luxury resort. Between surf sessions, take a yoga class, explore the great restaurants, shopping, culture, and natural surroundings that make Byron Bay a popular destination for all.
Cairns/Port Douglas is a place where two World Heritage-listed areas collide - the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy a day tour out to Low Isles, an idyllic, unspoilt coral cay island in the Great Barrier Reef. Take a guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist, or just relax on the beach under a thatched umbrella. From your resort, spend a day lounging on a private beach, learning about local Aboriginal culture, or enjoying one of the complimentary guided activities from nature walks, bird watching to stargazing. For shopping, dining, and nightlife, head into Port Douglas.
Prices are quoted in USD and are ‘from’, per person, based on twin share and based on departures March 1 – April 16, 14. Single supplements apply. Must be booked by Dec 31, 13. Black-out dates apply Sydney Jun 1- Jun 4 and may extend to other dates and cities. Airlines frequently change their prices as a result of fare increases and/or fuel surcharges. Prices are current at time of posting (9/10/13) and may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received and processed. All pricing is strictly subject to availability. All prices, itineraries and routing are subject to change without notice. Please call for our current prices. CA CST: 2076233-40 | WA ID: 601 684 531