If there's a seat for sale on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight, and you have enough Airpoints Dollars™ in your account, you can book an award ticket. It's as simple as that!
With Air New Zealand's Auckland Hong Kong Alliance with Cathay Pacific from 31 January 2013 you can also book any seat available for sale as an award ticket on an Air New Zealand flight operated by Cathay Pacific. These flights will be numbered:
- NZ35, NZ38, NZ80 or NZ85 Air New Zealand operated Auckland Hong Kong flights
- NZ4990-NZ4995 Cathay Pacific operated Auckland Hong Kong flights
With the trans-Tasman Alliance from 26 July 2011 you can also book any seat available as an award ticket on a Air New Zealand flight operated by Virgin Australia or Pacific Blue. These flights have will be numbered:
- NZ100-NZ999 Air New Zealand operated Tasman flights
- NZ7900-NZ7998 Pacific Blue operated Tasman flights
- NZ7000-NZ7899 Virgin Australia operated Domestic Australia flights
A special allocation of discounted Business Award fares are available in limited quantities to Gold Elite, Gold, Silver and Koru Club Members in addition to regular fares and great specials in Economy and Premium Economy.
To book your reward ticket, contact your nearest Air New Zealand Contact Centre or complete and return the reward request section on the back of your Airpoints™ statement.
A few things to note:
- If an Air New Zealand fare is published in a currency other than New Zealand Dollars, the price of the reward will be converted at Air New Zealand's discretion into New Zealand Dollars. This will be equivalent to the number of Airpoints Dollars™ required from your Airpoints account.
- You can book a one-way ticket with Airpoints Dollars and use cash to pay for the return flight. However, if the fare is sold as a return fare, the entire journey must be paid for with either Airpoints Dollars or cash - not a mixture of both.
- Award tickets and companion tickets may incur government taxes, levies, insurance and other surcharges, which must be paid for in cash, not Airpoints Dollars.
- Service fees will apply to reward tickets booked via the Contact Centre.
- Airpoints Dollar and Status Points are not earned on Air New Zealand Flight Rewards.